1The digital marketing industry is being driven by the rising online advertising segment. The expenditure on mobile advertisements, which once accounted for nearly 13 to 18% of total digital spending in 2016, currently accounts for about 39–42% of the digital spending in the major Western European markets, such as the United Kingdom, Germany and Spain, and is expected to cross 60% by 2021. The Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as a significant growing market for the industry in the forecast period. The digital advertising investment in the Asia Pacific has surpassed Europe, and this increase is driven mainly by regions like China and other emerging Asian markets, due to a growing investment in technology and digital platforms in these regions. The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness a significant growth over the coming years due the region’s high population density, the growing penetration of internet, and the rising popularity of smartphones among the population. The Asia Pacific has the largest population of smartphone users in comparison to other regions. Also, a large proportion of mobile phone users in the region have access to social media through their devices. The region, thus, providing significant growth prospects for the online advertising segment.